2 YEARS OF DOING THIS CAR THING!!!

I began Turbonerdz about a month before the commencement of my first professional examination (MB 1). I bet most people questioned my decision to start blogging at such a dire time, but little did they know that blogging was what kept me sane. Looking back, my daily routine consisted of reading, eating and sleeping while preparing for that exam. This triad of  a routine soon became redundant and I was honestly tired of reading. I needed to do something to get my mind off books for a while. That was how I picked up my jotter and penned down what would become my second blogpost, "The SUV Craze".

I have always liked cars, even as a child. I did not know anything about engines or transmissions, all I knew is that they looked beautiful. Thanks to a father who is also a gearhead, he would explain little details about cars to me and he always ensured to involve me whenever he was buying a car or servicing any of the ones we owned. Coupled with TV shows like Pimp My Ride and Top Gear, I began to understand the intricacy of cars as time went on and my love for things on wheels grew stronger.

Top Gear, featuring the Stig 😎

One might ask, why didn't you study automobile engineering? The answer is, I did consider it. My secondary school initially offered auto-mechanics as a trade subject and I knew from the get go that I would pick that course. Unfortunately, the course was scrapped before I could pick it in SS1. If only I had more automobile exposure, maybe I would have studied automobile engineering or something related. As for writing, I really enjoyed literature in secondary school, all thanks to my teacher Mrs Okoro and it spurred me on to read a lot of books. I eventually started writing poems, articles and I did write a book, only God knows where that is now. With the love of cars and skill of writing, automotive blogging became my anchor when medical school had me by the throat.

Fast forward and today I am celebrating two years of evangelism, as I have won so many automobile souls through this blog. I have been able to create a small community of car lovers and my goal is to change the mindset of non-car people, letting them understand that ones vehicle is an extension of who they are. In essence, you are what you drive. Automotive Blogging has opened me up to a lot of opportunities and I know that more will come through this little blog of mine.

Turbonerdz is absolutely nothing without you my readers. Thank you for letting me shove my blogger links in your face almost every other week and thank you for also clicking, reading, commenting and sharing. I am immensely grateful for giving me a voice through your continuous support. Special thanks to my fellow "Silver Set" members and soon to be doctors, y'all are the best for real. I think this is a good place to end my acceptance speech, lol 😁. I hope you all have a wonderful day and as always, remember to Turbo that engine!!! 🚀🚀🚀


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A NISSAN HAS MY HEART

Nigerian Transporters VS Professional Racers

The SUV Craze