THE GENESIS

For those for you wondering who this wanna-be Automotive Journalist is, my name is Ebunmide and I am a certified automobile freak. As long as it has an engine or motor, a nice body work, a steering or handle bars, I am very much interested. Someone would ask, where did it all begin? For one, I grew up the son of a semi gear head. I remember having conversations about cars with my Dad as little as 9 years old. My dad makes the most research about cars especially when it comes to fuel efficiency, lol. By the time I was in secondary school, I began to influence his choice in cars and I have personally handpicked some of the cars he has bought over time.

Growing up, we had a desktop and there just happened to be Chicken Invaders, Road Rash and Need For Speed 2 installed on it. Not sure, but I bet it was my uncle who installed them on the system. I would have been about 6 or 7 years old at the time and once I got home from school, I wouldn't even take off my clothes, it was straight to the desktop. I was a master at every one of those games but I took a special liking for the Need For Speed (NFS). It was my first exposure to cars and I absolutely loved the speed of the cars. My favorite car in the game was the Ford GT90 and I used that car to obliterate my brother and every friend that came over to challenge me. Since then I have played almost every other Need For Speed game released and in fact, any racing game I can lay my hands upon. I would say that racing games laid the foundation of my interest and knowledge in cars, as I knew the names and logo's of nearly every sport car before I was 9 years old.

Need For Speed 2 (Still my favorite)

As I grew older, I began watching car shows. Pimp My Ride being one of the first, was a very goofy car show, no much speed in it but I really liked the car modifications. By the time I was 11 years old, I graduated to Top Gear and that is where most of my early and basic car knowledge came from. The show hosts, comprising of Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond made learning about cars so fun. The show was entertaining, humorous, educational and fact filled, all at the same time. I would be glued to the TV especially on Saturdays and sometimes my Dad would join in. Nobody get mind drag remote with me when I dey watch Tog Gear. Fun fact, my dream job is to be an Automotive Journalist working at Top Gear. Let's say, I am still working towards achieving that dream. Thanks to YouTube, I now follow almost every car channel I can find. Donut Media and the Hagerty Car Show are my favorite but when I want something goofy, I watch The Grand Tour, hosted by the men below...


From left to right; Richard Hammond, Jeremy Clarkson and James May, former Top Gear Hosts.

Movies also played an important role in my love for cars, the Fast and Furious franchise especially. Fast forward to the present day and I am the same old Ebunmide; Fascinated by things on wheels and constantly looking for the next available and trilling information in the automotive world. Most people see this as being boring but I see it as my own thing. My unconditional love for automobiles is what has brought you here, you reading this article right now. I hope to continue writing these car blogs, sharing the little information I have while I engage you all in my passion. 

Certified Car Lover Boy

To all who have genuinely read, commented and shared my content over the months, I really appreciate you for not making my efforts seem wasted, I do this for you guys. Always remember to Turbo that engine!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Proud of you boy
Anonymous said…
Keep it up πŸ‘πŸ½
wisdom said…
Nice!!! This is wonderful... interesting to say the least
Anonymous said…
It's good to know your write ups, transforming even semi car lovers to readers. Nice one
Thank you Chief πŸ₯ΊπŸ™‡πŸΎ‍♂️

Popular posts from this blog

A NISSAN HAS MY HEART

Nigerian Transporters VS Professional Racers

The SUV Craze